- Long life is a curse if it is full of God’s disobedience.
- A life of luxury is a curse if it makes us indolent.
- An unexpected windfall is a curse if it destroys our natural way of life.
- A higher degree is a curse if it takes us away from God.
- Excessive knowledge is a curse if it makes us arrogant.
- A popular company is a curse if it has a bad influence.
- A higher position is a curse if we are left with no time for our loved ones
- Many children are a curse if they do not learn to honor their parents.
- Social privilege is a curse if we fail to use it to make positive change.
All blessings are curses if we are not grateful enough to recognize them as the blessings they are.
O my friends, we should never feel belittled if we seem less in any way, as we never know what pain others feel in their apparent blessings.
Rather, let us contemplate and be satisfied with the innumerable ways that God has uniquely ennobled us.